在第三次总统辩论上，希拉里当着全美国人民的面，承认自己强烈支持Roe v. Wade。
Clinton: Well, I strongly support Roe v. Wade which guarantees a constitutional right to a woman to make the most intimate, most difficult in many cases, decisions about her health care that one can imagine.
她支持的Roe v. Wade是一个著名的案子，与之相伴的是另一个案子，Doe v. Bolton，高院对这两个案子审理的结果分两点：
- 不viable的胎儿可以流产（viable： 生下后能存活）
Roe v. Wade was accompanied by a simultaneous joint decision, Doe v. Bolton, which the U.S. Supreme Court said must be enforced together. In Roe, the court ruled that unrestricted abortion-on-demand is legal up to “viability,” and after viability in cases of rape, incest, or the “health” of the mother. In Doe, the court ruled that the mother’s “health” must be defined so broadly as to include mental state and disposition.
The nation’s highest court ruled that as far as legally obtaining a late-term abortion, “health” must encompass “physical, emotional, psychological, familial … well-being.” This is what allows any abortionist to legally kill any baby right up to her due date.
• 21% Inadequate finances （经济上没准备好）
• 21% Not ready for responsibility（还没准备好负起做父母的责任）
• 16% Woman’s life would be changed too much （女性的生活会发生太大变化）
• 12% Problems with relationships, unmarried （没结婚，会影响恋爱关系）
• 11% Too young and/or immature （太年轻，不成熟）
• 8% Children are grown; she has all she wants （孩子都大了，不需要再生了）
• 3% Baby has possible health problems（胎儿可能有健康问题）
• <1% Pregnancy caused by rape/incest （因强奸或乱伦而怀孕）
• 4% Other （其他理由）
As for Clinton’s support of unrestricted abortion, that is a matter of record. She has repeatedly stated her unequivocal support for Roe and abortion “rights.” She has said preborn babies do not have the right to life. On NBC’s Meet the Press, she declared that “the unborn, ah, person, ah, doesn’t have Constitutional rights.”