留美学生毕业致辞,拉来众多仇恨(多图)

(来自网络)

今天,一段中国留学生的演讲视频在网络热传。

“美国的空气是多么香甜清新。”

“当我在机场外呼吸,我感受到了自由。”

近日,美国马里兰大学的毕业典礼上,中国留学生Yang Shuping受邀上台演讲,这本来是挺值得骄傲的事。然而她的演讲内容却让台下的中国同学感到无比尴尬,传到国内来,更是让人大吃一惊。

speech

很多网友表示无法认同这样的言论,就连留学生群体也忍不住各种吐槽。

speech2

以下是演讲的全文:

Good afternoon ,faculty students parents and friends.

教职员工们,同学们,家长们,朋友们,下午好。

I am truly honored and grateful to speak at the commencement for the University of Maryland, Class of 2017.

非常荣幸能在马里兰大学2017届毕业典礼上演讲。

People often ask me: Why did you come to the University of Maryland?

人们经常问我:你为什么来马里兰大学?

I always answer: Fresh air.

我总是回答:清新的空气。

Five years ago, as I step off the plane from China, and left the terminal at Dallas Airport. I was ready to put on one of my five face masks, but when I took my first breath of American air. I put my mask away.

五年前,从中国来的时候,我准备了5个口罩。从飞机上下来,离开达拉斯机场候机楼时,我正准备戴上口罩时,吸入了第一口美国的空气,然后我将口罩收了起来。

The air was so sweet and fresh, and oddly luxurious.

这里的空气是那么的清新甜美,显得格外的奢侈。

I was surprised by this. I grew up in a city in China, where I had to wear a face mask every time I went outside, otherwise, I might get sick.

我深感意外。我在中国的一个城市长大,从小出门都得戴口罩,否则就会生病。

However, the moment I inhaled and exhaled outside the airport.

然而,在机场呼吸到这里空气的那一刻。

I felt free.

我感受到了自由。

No more fog on my glasses, no more difficult breathing, no more suppression.

我的眼镜上不再有雾,呼吸不再困难,也没有了压抑。

Every breath was a delight. As I stand here today, I cannot help, but recall that feeling of freedom.

每一口呼吸都是愉悦的。今天我站在这里,仍然忍不住回想起那种自由的感觉。

At the University of Maryland, I assume feel another kind of fresh air for which I will be forever grateful — the fresh air of free speech.

在马里兰大学,另一种清新的空气也令我感怀不已——言论自由的空气。

Before I came to United States, I learned in history class about the Declaration of Independence, but these words had no meaning to me— Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

来美国之前,我在历史课上学到了独立宣言,但“生命、自由和追寻幸福”这些词句对我而言毫无意义。

I was merely memorizing the words to get good grades.

我仅仅是背下这些词句以期在考试中取得好成绩。

These words sounded so strange, so abstract and so foreign to me, until I came to University of Maryland.

这些词句显得那么古怪,那么抽象,那么陌生,直到我来到马里兰大学。

I have leaned the right to freely express oneself is sacred in American.

我终于明白,言论自由在美国是多么神圣。

Each day in Maryland, I was encouraged to express my opinions on controversial issues.

在马里兰的每一天,我都被鼓励着在争议问题上表达自己的观点。

I could challenge a statement made by my instructor. I could even rate my professors online.

我可以质疑自己导师的观点。我甚至可以在网上给我的教授们打分。

But nothing prepared me for the culture shock I experienced when I watched a university production of the play— Twilight: Los Angeles.

但最让我震惊的是,当我看到话剧《暮光:洛杉矶》带来的文化冲击。

Twilight is a play by Anna Deavere Smith about the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

《暮光》是Anna Deavere Smith导演的一个关于1992年洛杉矶骚乱的话剧。

The riots followed acquittal of four Los Angeles police officers in the videotaped arrest and beating of Rodney King.

四名洛杉矶警察被拍下殴打并逮捕Rodney King,却被宣判无罪。骚乱随后开始了。

For six days, the city was in chaos as citizens took to the streets.

整整六天,人们走上街头,城市一片混乱。

In Twilight, the student actors were openly talking about racism, sexism and politics.

在《暮光》中,学生演员们公开谈论种族主义,性别歧视以及政治问题。

I was shocked, I never saw such topic could be discussed openly.

我震惊了,我从来没见过这样的话题可以公开讨论。

The play was my first taste of political storytelling, one that makes the audience think critically.

那个话剧是我第一次接触到政治叙述故事,一个可以让观众批判性思考的政治叙述故事。

I have always had a burning desire to tell these kinds of stories, but I was convinced that only authorities on the narrative, only authorities could define the truth.

我一直有强烈的愿望想讲这类故事,但我曾深信只有权威部门才能讲述这些故事,只有权威部门才能定义真相。

However, the opportunity to immerse myself in the diverse community at the University of Maryland exposed me to various, many different perspectives on truth.

然而,在马里兰大学融入到不同社区的机会让我接触到了许多不同角度的真相。

I soon realized that here I have the opportunity to speak freely.

很快,我意识到在这里我有机会可以自由地说。

My voice matters.

我的话是价值的。

Your voice matters.

你的话也有价值。

Our voices matter.

我们所有人的话都是有价值的。

Civil engagement is not a task just for politicians. I have witnessed this when I saw my fellow students marching in Washington DC, voting in the presidential election and raising money for support various causes.

公民参与不仅仅是政治家的任务。我的同学们走上华盛顿街头,在总统选举中投票,为多种不同的事业募集资金。我见证了这一切。

I have seen that everyone has a right to participate and advocate for change.

我见识到每一个人都有权利参与并为变革发声。

I used to believe that one individual participation could not make a difference, but here we are, United Terps.

我曾经认为一个人的力量杯水车薪。但是我们团结在这里。

Together, we can push our society to be more just open and peaceful.

我们团结在一起,就能推动社会变得更加开放和平。

Class of 2017, we are graduating from a university that embraces a liberal arts education that nurtures us to think critically, and also to care and feel for humanity.

2017届的同学们,我们正从一个通过人文教育鼓励我们批判性思考又不忘感受人性的大学毕业。

We are equipped with the knowledge of various disciplines and we are ready to face to the challenges of our society.

我们拥有不同学科的知识,我们做好准备去面对社会的挑战了。

Some of us may go to graduate school, some us may step into professions and some of us may begin a journey of exploration.

我们中的有些人可能会继续读研究生,有的人可能参与工作,有的人可能开始一段探索的旅程。

But no matter what we do, remember, democracy and free speech should not be taken for granted.

但不管我们做什么,请记住,民主和自由言论来之不易。

Democracy and freedom are the fresh air that is worth fighting for.

民主和自由是值得为之奋斗的清新空气。

Freedom is oxygen. Freedom is passion. Freedom is love.

自由是氧气,自由是激情,自由是爱。

And as a French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre once said: freedom is a choice, our future is dependent on the choices we make today and tomorrow.

正如法国哲学家让-保罗·萨特所说,自由是一种选择,我们的未来取决于我们今天和明天所做的决定。

We are all playwrights of the next chapters of our lives. Together, we right the human history.

我们是人生下个章节的作者。让我们一起,来书写人类历史。

My friends, enjoy the fresh air and never let it go.

我的朋友们,享受这清新的空气吧,不要让它消失。

Thank you.

谢谢。

http://site.6park.com/life2/index.php?app=forum&act=threadview&tid=14903495

 

Advertisements

5 responses to “留美学生毕业致辞,拉来众多仇恨(多图)

  1. 她说得都是大实话。中国空气差,政府独裁,官员腐败,没有民主自由。这是大家都知道的事,为什么不许说?难道要和人民日报统一口径?

  2. 我也看了这个新闻,我同样没搞明白她这篇发言有什么问题,空气污染、没有言论自由不都是明摆着的吗?我看到好多国人情绪非常激动的批判说她是卖国贼,捏造事实什么的。这篇发言里面唯一可能,也仅仅是可能,略微有点我不知道用夸大这个词妥不妥,就是据网友爆料说这女孩家是昆明的,她说的“从小出门都要戴口罩否则就会生病”的言论有待证实。

  3. 甚至包括有我身边的人都说,这种攻击对中国政府已经不管用了,一带一路,全世界人都来了。———我想说,你是白痴还是幼稚?一带一路蓝难道不是最大的造假?!

  4. 而且我认为国人网友这种一边倒的批判恰好作为了她发言里面提到的不能随便议论国是,不能随意批评提出自己观点,言论不自由的最好佐证。别说政府镇压了,就连人民自身都是这种思维这个样子。

  5. 有人分析说这个学校的校长是个华人左左,这学生发这通言,其实是影射川普的,意思是如果川普坚持不相信全球变暖说,取消对煤炭工业的限制,美国的空气也会像中国一样糟。

    哪知道,天下左左并不都是一家人,美国小左的发言,引起了中国左左的反感,于是万炮齐发,轰得这女生不得不出来道歉。

发言的人请给自己一个比较好辨识(也比较固定的)ID,凡是没名字的,我就删掉了。

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / 更改 )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / 更改 )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / 更改 )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / 更改 )

Connecting to %s